Message from Competitions Committee in respect of Gentlemen Competitions
I hope you are all looking forward to the new playing season. There have been several changes since the close of the 2018 playing season and we thought that we would advise you about these changes which will be operation for the 2019 competition season.
- Some Rules of Golf changed with effect from 1st January 2019, make sure you are familiar with these changes.
- Carholme GC will be encouraging ready golf in all competitions and recommend that players take no longer than 40 seconds over a shot (that is from the moment they start to address the ball).
- Also Carholme GC in all its competitions WILL NOT be introducing a local rule, that allows players to drop a new ball in the vicinity of where their ball has gone out of bounds.
- To enter a Competition this will still be via the HowDidIDo system and logging in for individual competitions / Score entry will still be via the computer located in the clubhouse, so please ensure your have a gold card, the card works and you have funds in your account.
- Competition charges will remain the same this year (including entering the two’s sweep), but £2.00 of the entry fee will be set aside as Competition Sweep entry. By the clarification of this, it allows the Competitions Committee to reimburse any sweep money (including 2’s) won by individuals after 1st January 2019, to be paid out in cash if requested.
- Also after every competition, the sweep money won will be credited to the individuals account immediately and will not require them to attend the presentation evening. Details of sweep allocation will be displayed on the Competition result sheet.
- The format of Presentation evenings is also altering to quartely events and only the winner(s) of the Competition will be required to attend (collar and tie still required) – this change has happened due to the number of no shows experienced last year.
- At the end of the golfing year – anyone who has over £50 on their competitions charges account will be contacted to understand how they wish for the surplus to be dealt with, either:
- Surplus amount refunded in cash
- Surplus amount provided in voucher of choice
- Surplus amount deducted from the following years subscriptions
We hope you have an enjoyable 2019 competition season at Carholme GC
Andy Hartley Nigel Smith